Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marked


P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
House of night series:
*Marked
*Betrayed
*Chosen
*Untamed
*Hunted
*Tepmpted
*Burned
*Awakened

After she is Marked, 16 year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

My review: I saw this book when it first came out but I wasn't really into this kind of books at the time. So I got it after a year. And I was fascinated.
        The plot is so twisted, but at the same time easy to understand.Usually, when a writer complicates the plot to much, it gets hard to read and to follow.In this book, it's exactly the opposite. And I am not a native english speaker. And still, I was able to understand everything. 
       Erik seemed to be a nice guy, and Aphrodia the bad girl. Things start changing. And the character that I really hated, but, I tink, is the best way modeled is Zoey's step father. At each book there are more and more characters and a lot more stories. Anyway, you seem to be there and live all of Zoey's emotions.
       It's a log time since I found a book about a group of special people and the best person to be the leader. I kind of feel sad for the others.
       The thing is, all the stories of P.C. Cast take place somewhere near Tulsa and her main characters started being the same person with very small differences.
Conclusion : Very interesting and a great idea that people know about vampyres. and that they are accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment