Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fallen



Lauren kate
The fallen series:
* Fallen
*Torment
                                            *Passion( June 14 )
                                        Author's page
     There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
     Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

My review: I was waiting to read this book for a long time. Why was I disappointed ? Because 3/4 of the book had almost nothing to do with what was mentioned. The first parts are just a long (and a bit boring) description of Luce's feelings and the life at Sword&Cross school.
     The characters are interesting and there are some twists wich I loved. Good characters going bad. A crazy old lady. A best friend who dies.
     Roland, Moly, Arriane, Gabe and especially Cam where never who I expected them to be. Oh and Miss Sophia.
     The death scene was way to short and I couldn't understand a lot of it. Luce was just saved by the angels and that's all. No details. Exactly like in a film where everything is ok in the end. 100% happy. And the neutral fight. No one never wins. That's not a good thing because, this way, the book will never end.
    But all this somehow bad parts are constructive. That's what makes the book good.
    It became hard to read from time to time. Well, not hard, but somehow boring. I wished I could skip all the description parts and read the plot.I love description, but sometimes it's just too much.
     I liked that when I had been reading the book, I never discovered what really happened to Trevor. This is a mistery.
     The last thing that I want to mention is that I enjoyed the ending. Not a stereotypical happy ending (for now), But a mysterious ending that made me want to read more.
Conclusion: Nicely written. The plot is interesting, but, I think, a bit to mysterious.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment